"Very tasty combination of apples, sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts to complement the chicken. Perfect Autumn flavors!"
- 5 (6-7 oz) bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp each minced fresh thyme, sage and rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet potato (about 16 oz) cut in 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced into halves
- 2 medium fuji apples (or other sweet baking apples), cored and sliced about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 shallot bulbs, peeled and sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 4 slices hickory smoked bacon, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
Serves: 5 people (Approximately 500 calories per serving)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour 2 Tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs into a gallon size resealable bag.
- Add chicken, season with salt and pepper then seal bag and massage mixture over chicken while working to evenly distribute herbs. Set aside and let rest while chopping veggies.
- Place sweet potato, Brussel sprouts, apples and shallot on an 18 by 13- inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil, then toss to evenly coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread into an even layer.
- Set chicken thighs on top of apple/potato mixture.
- Separate any pieces of bacon that may be stuck together, then sprinkle bacon over
- veggie apple mixture.
- Roast in preheated oven until chicken and veggies are golden brown, approx. 30 - 35 minutes (chicken should register 165 in center). Broil during last few minutes for a more golden-brown crispy skin on chicken if desired.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve warm.